Monday, December 15, 2008

I found my new calling!

Since Josh and I took that Financial class last winter, and since we've learned how to budget and pay off debt...still working on the paying off part...I have been passionate about helping others learn to budget so that they don't have to stress about money! Now, my only subjects have been non-willing participants. By that I mean, I discuss with them how to budget and have even worked out a budget for someone one time. But that's about as far as it goes. No matter how excited I get and no matter how much I can see that a budget would help...non-willing. This evening however, there was a student who was withdrawaling from class. He is from the Phillipines. Now, some of you may or may not know my feelings with the Phillipines, but those feelings have somewhat passed. Anyway, he has 2 children back in the Phillipines. He works and normally 2 jobs so he can send money back to his family. He had to quit his second job because he was developing health issues from a lack of sleep. He started school so that he could better himself and hopefully get a better job. Apparently he was unable to send money back this past month and the mother of his children said he had to think about if he could really go to school and take care of his children. He is desperate to get a better job. He has his BS in Electrical Engineering. He has been over here for 6 years and is legal. He is just trying to figure out how to survive and support his family.

Onto my new calling...
Yes, it does have to do with the above story. I was discussing what his different payments were for different things as well as what his income was. (This is way above the call of duty for work...but my passion...remember!??!) I want to help LEGALS...not sure if that is PC...set up their resume, get a good job, budget their money and not get screwed when making purchases. Almost all of us are decendents of Immigrants. Why not help those who are willing to do it the correct and legal way to make a better life for themselves and their families?? Heck, I would help motivated, non-lazy citizens do the same thing! Now how do I make a living doing this??? Anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Apparently your new calling isn't blogging! j/k Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! Very true!! I'll have to work on that a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you could be the next Suze Orman for legal immigrants! That's awesome! There are credit counseling centers out there, but I'm not sure if that's the route you were thinking of.
    Anyway, I read your comment about your friend at the mortgage company and I was so appalled! I can't believe people are actually in that frame of mind!

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers