Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Today's Conversation

So here was a very recent conversation I had with my manager:

I had to prepare a flyer for an event happening on campus. I completed it and sent it over to her for review. After approving it, she asked me to print 125 color copies (I knew this wouldn't fly with the IT guy). I had to go find the IT guy to see what lab to use and what the log in information was. Upon doing so, he asked what I was printing and I told him flyers. He asked how many and I told him I could not disclose that information, knowing good and well that he would not approve. He told me I needed to go to Kinkos to do it because the printers in the labs were for the students and when we use them for that, that puts more wear and tear on the printers. So I go back to my manager and let her know, upon which she says, "We don't have time to go to Kinkos", and "What are those printers for." I then said they were for the students. To which she tried to call the IT guy and I told her he was not in his office and he was roaming the hall. She got up from her desk and stomped out saying, "I don't have time for this. You need to push back, Jen!" She went and talked to the IT guy. She came back and I asked her what the outcome was and if I needed to go print them. She said, "IT guy said he would do it."

I wish I could express attitude in this because there was big time attitude!!

My heart was beating after that conversation! I was so mad!! It may sound petty, but if you could only hear the conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers