Monday, July 7, 2008

Our weekend

I hope everyone had a good 4th! We had a fun time visiting family and playing games! Every year for the 4th my family goes to my Aunt and Uncle's farm to mingle and play games. It's a long held tradition! It started out the July before my mom was born back in 1957 on my grandparent's farm. It's pretty much like a family reunion. My Grandma and Grandpa's siblings and their offspring come and get together for the annual softball game. We play softball in a Cornfield. Everyone plays! If you can walk, you're playing! Little kids are freebies though! After we play that we come back on the hay wagon and the grilling begins! After we eat we play sack races, wheel barrow races and tug of war! This year my cousin Nick started a new game. We started a Euchre tournament! Too bad I got out in the 1st round! Josh and his partner made it to the last round, but were beaten by my cousin Jessica and Aaron! Nick gave out trophies and they won the prize money! After all of that, we do sparklers for the little kids and when it gets dark the older boys start to light off fireworks! Every year it is a great time! This year was no exception!

Saturday Josh and I helped Mom scrape the house. We did that ALL day long! And then prepared for meeting with our priest the next day. Sunday we scraped...or Josh and Mom scraped for a little while. I needed a NAP from the long weekend!

All in all it was a great weekend! Quite a bit of wedding stuff was accomplished! This month is going to be crazy with wedding stuff! Poor Josh! The good news...I think Josh's sister will be able to come out for my bridal shower! I'm so excited and I know Josh can't wait to see her and Triston (his nephew)! AND I just scheduled my 1st dress fitting! EEK! I new it would start going fast after we got into the double digits, but there's LOTS to do!

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers