Saturday, June 26, 2010

Who knew...

Who knew getting pregnant could be so hard?? There is potential that I could be in trouble for writing this. I am not an extremely private person. My husband on the otherhand, would prefer to keep things quiet. But i feel that if I can talk about things that maybe someone else has experience with, then they may have some insight on different matters. So let's begin...

Josh and I have been trying to have a baby. I guess you could say we've been trying since May of 2009. But the doctor finally started doing something this past February. I had a bunch of tests done, and lots of blood drawn! Blah! *Reminder to self: Always lie down when having blood drawn* The results came back that I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Basically, that means that instead of my ovaries releasing the egg, it stays there and becomes a cyst (At least that's my understanding). So we had to take steps to combat that.

The 1st step was to start taking a medication that will start getting rid of those cysts. We've been on that medicine for 3 months. We just went back to the doctor to talk about the next steps. The next step is to start taking a medication called Clomid. Basically that is supposed to make me ovulate. So, we're just waiting to get that started. Hopefully we can start that sooner rather than later. I guess we shall see. And hopefully that'll work!

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers