Thursday, September 9, 2010

Why I can't sleep

There needs to be some sort of  switch for my brain!  I need to be able to turn it off for bed time!

Things that are currently not allowing me to sleep:
  • Looking for a home
    • Build or buy "Used"
    • Can't find any home in the area we want with the 3 criteria
    • Who do we need to talk to to build
      • Church
      • Lumber Stores
      • Family
    • How much can we spend
    • How long will it take us to save the Down Payment
  • Baby
    • What are the next steps
    • What is plan A, B, and C
    • How much do they cost
    • How long will it take
    • What is the opportunity cost (There's my Econ degree)
  • People who don't like me or are mad at me
    • You don't even know me
    • I would never purposely or knowingly do something to hurt you
    • I may seem mean at 1st, but give me a day and you'll see it's because I'm a little shy
    • I hate confrontation, but I would rather talk it out than not talk at all
  • School
    • Should I go back
    • What does Josh need to do to go back
    • How much will that cost
    • Opportunity cost
  • Budget
    • What are our new goals after paying the loan
    • How is Mallarie's going
  • Vacation
    • Can we go with Jessica and Dave
    • Do I save more so that I have more next year

When did I become such a Type A personality (The test I just took said I'm in the middle)??  Seriously, do I have to have a plan at all times to be happy?  Am I really the type who is this discombobulated without a plan?  I understand we're in the beginning stages of starting a newish chapter...or maybe a few new chapters, but I'm not a big fan of feeling this out of place!

3 comments:

  1. I have lists like that that keep me up at night also, and I also found myself wondering when I became so "type a".

    I hope you figure it all out, and that you get to sleep again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! If you have any tips...let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen!!

    Welcome to the "Type A" club!! I can be your sponsor if you like! I have been that way since I can remember. Us type A's are a good group to be in! We like order, reason, and most of all...we like plans. We like to know what we are going to do and when we are going to do it. The hard part is that God reminds us that we are on his terms. Here is how I sleep easy at night:

    Remember to look back on your day/week/month and remember your acomplishments....even the small ones (like mastering that new recipe in a magazine, or skipping chocolate for a whole day)

    Have an idea of where you want to go/what you want to do. (If you have strict plan you will get disappointed)

    Think about the next day/week month (just for a bit) and set little goals to accomplish....write it out too!! The best part is when you can look at your list and cross something off or answer a question you wrote down!

    It always helps me write down what is keeping me up, then I work on things....one line at a time. It sounds silly....but it helps for me. I even go so far as to put references next to my notes to justify my actions/ideas/crazy self! (ok...I am sounding like a psycho)

    Last but not least....remember that we are going to hang out soon with an AWESOME bottle of wine and just relax and laugh:) ((I got us one in CA to share!!!)

    Love you!
    -C

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers